A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
sphereFACE is a retro-styled 3D vector shooter, wrapped around the inside of a sphere.
An unashamedly abstract shooter that ranges from slow, strategic sniping to frantic rock-dodging action, with roguelike elements of exploration, progression, discovery and permadeath.
- Destroy the "asteroids" in each sphere to unlock the hyperspace portals leading to other spheres, and navigate through a vast procedurally generated 3D space, homing in on the disturbance that woke you from slumber.
- Sophisticated inertial flight dynamics on the inner surface of a sphere are difficult to master - agility, awareness and good reflexes are essential to survive.
- Look freely around each sphere using mouselook, a controller, your keyboard, or even your VR headset.
- Roguelike single-save system featuring permadeath.
- Dark and twisted science fiction storyline.
- Arcade style top-10 high score system.
- Determine your own difficulty curve - progress cautiously and slowly, or charge in with guns blazing.
- Stray too deep into the hyperspace tunnel network and it won't be long before you meet something that shoots back...
WEAPONS & POWERUPS
- Collect and upgrade a variety of destructive and unusual weapons, such as the spreadGUN, gaussRIFLE, guidedROCKETS, spaceMINES, flameTHROWER and singularityCANNON.
- Destroy "enemy" ships and catch their "powerups" to improve your weapons. That is what they are, right?
- Fashion armour from smashed asteroid rock, and find movement augmentation devices such as reverseTHRUSTERS to improve your maneuverability.
- Each weapon has its own strategy and learning curve, but the true sphereFACE master must learn to use them in concert with each other.
- A full album length original score by five awesome professional musicians, featuring ambient electronica mingled with deep techno and a sprinkling of chiptune.
- The game engine is completely custom built, which allows sphereFACE to have exactly the gameplay experience it needs with no limitations. The game is highly optimised and will run smoothly - even on that old notebook.
- Theme support - create and share a customised look for the game.
- Simultaneous updates on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Ongoing development - new features and improvements added continuously, professional and highly responsive development team.
|Published||2 years ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||41 days ago|
|Tags||3D, Arcade, Atmospheric, Destruction, Oculus Rift, Perma Death, Retro, Shoot 'Em Up, Shooter, Twin Stick Shooter|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls, High-contrast, Textless|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of £7.50 GBP. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- sphereFACE Version 15.2.15674.86305 Released - plus leaderboards! 19 days ago
- sphereFACE Version 14.8.15194.83783 Released 26 days ago
- Minor bugfixes and post-release tweaks 40 days ago
- sphereFACE Released 41 days ago